The North transept is mainly Norman, although the aisle is c14. The tower was rebuilt in 1700, following the collapse of the original one.
We can see transitional influences on the south side: the porch doorway has restrained decorative courses but with a complex inner design where two courses of chevron moulding are set at right angles to each other. Inside the porch each side is lined with blind arcading that is finer than would be found in a pure Norman church and with inset trefoil mouldings that preview the Early English style. The inside of the south door to the chancel has a distinctly un-Norman course of ball flower mouldings that, as with the south door, has serpent heads at its ends.
This church does not have the riot of semi-pagan carvings that can be boasted by the much smaller contemporary churches at, say, Iffley and Barfreston, although there are some; for example on the chancel arch capitals. What we do see is the greater sophistication of the monastic church built, no doubt, by more avant garde (and more expensive) architects familiar with the emerging changes in architectural fashion.
Finally, the parclose room above the porch is a treasure house in itself. It is possible to touch largely intact Norman corbels that would have been on the outside of the chancel wall before the room was joined to the wall in c15. It was used as a schoolhouse and an eccentric schoolmaster named Sperry from the early c19 has left a curious legacy of self-drawn murals. As they say, this is almost worth the entry fee on its own!