The Henry Moore Foundation website has a biographical dictionary of sculptors between 1660-1851 and has this to say about Thomas Green :-
“Green is something of a mystery figure since his common surname makes it difficult to identify him from contemporary records. He was the son of a tailor, Edward Greene of St Giles, Cripplegate, in the City of London, and was probably born c1659, since he is likely to have been about 14 when he was apprenticed to a London mason, John Fitch, on 27 March 1673...”
“Twenty of his monuments have been identified, either because he advertised his authorship with a prominent signature or because he transcribed the inscriptions for publication in John Le Nevea’s Monumenta Anglicana, 1717-19”.
“Green’s first known work, the monument to Sir Richard Earle, was commissioned by the mother of the deceased, Eleanor Payne, nee Welby, and was probably completed around 1700 . It has two busts flanking a tablet with distinctive consoles and above is a segmental pediment, with a heavy curtain drawn up over it to reveal a panel with four winged cherub heads. The use of a curtain as a dramatic framing device is a recurring feature in later 17th-century monuments, but Green’s is an inventive, if cumbrous arrangement “